Monday, August 6, 2012

Stippling Done!

I had a really big day in the sewing room yesterday...about 5 hours of stipple quilting! I was very keen to have it all done.


A good sight when I walked into the sewing room this morning with the quilting all done and not too much mess made in my stippling frenzy! lol!

These pics were taken of the quilt on the ironing board

I used about 6 reels of Gutermann thread. I was supposed to buy some King Tut thread on Friday at Spotlight to try but I forgot...I have been told the King Tut is really good but I couldn't fault the Gutermann thread.
The Neutrogena Hand Cream is really good for helping get a grip when quilting too!
Bye For Now
Lisa
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stippling is beautiful. You have wonderful light in your sewing room. Louise

Anonymous said...

looks gorgeous Lisa,you are such a clever lady.xx

quilterliz said...

G'day Lisa. Just gorgeous. Your stippling looks superb.Well done.Take care. Liz...

Wendy said...

Looks fantastic, great work in getting it finished.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you have done such a great job.......

Susan said...

It looks fantastic, but how are your shoulders after 5 hours? The results are certainly worth it.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Well done....it looks wonderful!

Larissa said...

Looks great Lisa!!! Wow - 5 hours to stipple in all the borders ... good thing you didn't go into the blocks, lol!! ... Right decision! It looks fabulous!!!

Shirley said...

There! Knew it would be beautiful.

Kylie said...

Just gorgeous xxxx

Bev C said...

Hello Lisa,

Congrats on all that hard work. Just beautiful. Enjoy sewing the binding now.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Looks beautiful. How are the shoulders today?

cottonreel said...

Hi Lisa, when I saw this quilt being shown on blogs I didn't feel particularly drawn to it .
Now seeing yours completed I would like to do it .
Was it a free BOM or where did it originate.
It looks beautiful, congratulations

Cathy said...

Wonderful work, how is the back though? What range of fabric did you use for this quilt, it's very pretty!!

maggie said...

Dear Lisa,
Its just beautiful, I'm so impressed and pea green with envy that I can't accomplish machine quilting (decided I just wan't born with the "gene" lol
Well done. you should be proud!
cheers
maggie

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic. Always love your photos.